This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to prepare for employment as an event steward.
Level-2 Certificate in Event Security Operations
The average time taken to complete this qualification is 2 months. However, it can be completed in anything from 4 weeks to 6 months which includes a minimum of 5 classroom days.
Learners must be aged 16+.
Learners will need to show that they have a good level of literacy and numeracy.
Integer can offer CPD in a range of subject areas including First Aid, Stress Management, Prevention and Control of Infection, Mental Health Awareness.
The qualification consists of 5 days of classroom learning plus a practical assessment in the workplace:
Learners must achieve all 7 mandatory units:
- Health & safety in the workplace
- How to respond to occurrences during an event
- How to manage the movement of people during an event
- How to reduce and manage conflict during an event
- How to respond to emergencies during an event
- How to provide information and advice during an event
- Prepare for spectator events as an event steward
Plus a minimum of 2 credits from optional units:
- How to conduct searches of people and their property before entering an event
- Use radio communications effectively
- How to contribute to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults during an event
- Report writing for event security operations
This qualification is graded as pass/fail.
The qualification is assessed using an externally set, internally assessed portfolio of work and a practical assessment at a minimum of one live event.
Funding may be available for those aged 19+ who fit into certain eligibility criteria (please enquire).
Full cost: from £295 plus vat per person
Learners may progress to further learning in:
Level 2 Certificate in Event Security Operations
Level 2 Certificate in Spectator Safety
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Providing Security Services
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Spectator Safety (England)
Advanced Apprenticeship in Spectator Safety (England)